Trailer

Trailer
18' flatbed trailer 7000 gvw

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Trailers

I have been looking at trailers since I got back early last week and went out again this morning to look some more. I want an 18 footer- which is not the easiest to find. They are running around $2300-$3300 depending on the load they will carry and the brand. Really most of those on the cheaper end wil probably do. I am a little concerned about weight as 7000 lbs trailers(2- 3500 lb axels) will weigh 1500lbs- 2000lbs so that leaves 5000 for the load and I am just not sure how heavy this house will be. Wish I could just get the 5000 lb axels without the beefed up trailer. I have been scheming on two other thoughts too. 1. have someone build me a custom trailer- the axels I want without the wood deck and a bunch of other things I don't need. and 2. Could i build this myself. Maybe if my sister- miss welder herself- was out here I would tackle that but just seems like too much to take on and also get building here soon. I will keep looking and hope to have this taken care of by next week.
6/12/10 After a couple weeks of looking I finally decided on a 7000 GVW less beefy trailer that I will do a few modifications on to fit my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment